Monday, April 2, 2012

Final CAS Reflection

It has been a very long and arduous two years, and it is almost over. With my final exams and university decisions coming is less than a month, the pressure is extremely high. Right now, my main goal is to study as much as I can in order to obtain the highest possible grade for my diploma. However, i would lke to take this time to reflect on the achievements I have made in the past two years regarding my extracurricular life.

In the past two years I have undertaken many new challenges, and through this increased my awareness of my own strengths and areas for growth. This is mainly through my increased involvement in Archery and obtaining a spot on the National Archery Reserve Team and in ranking nationally in the sport of Karate, and my success in my first instrumental guitar piece.

This has also enabled me to develop many new skills within each of my interest. For example, after writing my first piece, I feel more confident and have since written a few sample rhythms which will hopefully form the base for a few new songs. In addition, The practice which I put into archery in preparation for major tournaments has allowed my to develop my skills greatly within the context of the sport. This also applies for karate, in which not only my technical skill, but also my fitness has greatly increased.

I have recently also planned an initiated a very significant activity which hopes to allow students in local government to be able to learn archery, possibly at a competitive level, through instruction provided by the Colombo Archery School.

I have also had many opportunities to work collaboratively with others, primarily through cooperation with my classmates in my community service activity involving teaching English to children from the SOS Children's Village in the local area. This has also allowed me to participate in an issue of global importance and consider the ethical implications of my actions. To elaborate, teaching English to children less fortunate than myself has given me new perspective into understanding just how privileged I am to enjoy the luxuries which I have.

I believe that I have shown perseverance and commitment to each one of my activities, as i have continued participating in each one of them on a regular basis over the past two years. In addition, I plan to continue my participation in many of these activities even after I graduate from school and go on to University.

No comments:

Post a Comment