Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Archery National Championships

Last week, on November 11th, I participated in the Sri Lanka Archery National Tournament in the under 18 age division. I had not practiced very much for this event due to school ogligations and other restrictions. In truth, I only had two days of proper practice in preparation for this event.
Somehow, I still I still managed to ecieve first place in my division.

However, my victory this year was much more slim than it has been in previous years. The competitor who came second to me had only 3 less points that i had. This differs to other years in which i usually had a minimum of 20 points ahead of all other competitors. Personally, I am dissapointed in my performance compared to my usual performance. This is undouibtedly due to my lack of practice.

In addition to my participation in the tournament, I also aided younger and first-time competitors, giving them tips on their technique and providing moral support.
Through this experience I have incrased my awareness of my strengths and areas for growth as i realised that with a lack of practice my performance will inherently be hindered, worked collaboratively with others as i helped organise and run the event as well as compete in it and aid other competitors, and deverloped new skills as i view this experience as a learning experience and my participation in the tournament as a practice session in which many of my flaws were revealed, enabling me to correct them in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment