Thursday, March 15, 2012

New Community Service Endeavor

Following the end of my participation in the SOS Children's Village Community Service Activity at my school, i felt that there was a gap in my participation in service oriented activities.

To remedy this, I consulted the head of the Colombo Archery School to begin a training program which would incorporate archery training into local schools for a reduced rate. This would provide many under privileged children with the ability to develop a new skill as well as providing the opportunity to gain recognition on the competitive level.

This program has not yet begun, but contact has been made with school such as Nalanda College and St. Peters, among others, to start this program with their students.

This has allowed me to plan and/or initiate an activity, which has been an aspect missing from my extracurricular life in the past two years. In addition, it also allows me to deal with an issue of global importance by possibly providing opportunities for those who have less facilities than i do.

No comments:

Post a Comment