Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Bright Side of my Music Makers Setback

Sadly, while attempting to balance the workload of finishing my IA's and studying for my final exams, I did not have time to properly prepare a performance-ready piece for the Music Makers event at my school.
However, it did allow me to do something which I have never done before.

I have recently composed my first instrumental guitar piece. it was meant to be for the Music Makers show but because of other obligations I was unable to finish it in time. This a great achievement for me because composition has been one of my weak points for the longest time, with most of my ability lying in in my improvisational ability. 
Through this, it has increased my awareness of my strengths and areas for growth and allowed me to undertake a completely new challenge. I'm sure that this primary success will allow to to grow further as a musician.




No comments:

Post a Comment